Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ciudad Encantada or "Enchanted City"


Clayton took me to Ciudad Encantada or "The Enchanted City" which is outside Cuenca about a half hour or so. Totally worth the rental car and the drive. It is an area in the mountains where glacier/water formed these awesome formations all by each other and you can walk around and look at them.


This is the famous rock at the entrance but we had to use the cell phone camera, so sorry about the picture quality.
There is a trail that leads around and through all the different rock formations and they give you a little map so you can see what they have named them all and what animals they have decided they look like. This was in a cave between the "ships"
How am I so strong? Well, let me tell you......I'm not
??? Ballet ???
I think these are the ships or boats. It was so green and smelled so good. I wanted to just lay down and camp under the stars. I loved it!!

This was "the alligator and the elephant" fighting. It's not quite a great picture but the alligator is on the left and the elephant on the right, and a few trees in the way.
"The Face" if you couldn't tell.
Not sure what's going on in this picture either

Part of the trail led up above the formations where you could see out for a ways. It just looked like volcanic rock that had settled. But down below, the water had created all the formations over thousands of years, thousands of years ago. Super cool.
"Mushroom Amphitheater"
"The Bears" I believe
Definitely a must see if you go to Spain.

No comments: