Friday, September 28, 2007

The convalescent

Saturday night, Sept. 15? Pneumo #4.
Thankyou everyone for your prayers, they were and are much appreciated. We love you all so much.

It's official. Pneumothorax #4. Not only were there chest tubes this time, but surgery as well. The problem is now corrected and should never happen again. Yay!!!!! We rushed to the ER at Cedars-Sinai, where I had already been discussing with doctors whether to have the surgery or rather when, and scheduling tests. Apparently I was a little impatient and wanted to getting it over with. Thank heavens we got it all over with at once. The doctors and nurses were great. 4 days in the hospital. And a week and a half off of work.
Here is our view from our 8th floor window. It was actually pretty, but you can't tell in the picture.
And the pinball competition never paused. Clayton is the reigning champion
A few days after getting out of the hospital, we took a restful trip to the beach. Mom came to stay with us and help. What a blessing, we wouldn't have survived without her. She learned how to boogie board for the first time and had the time of her life!!!
Clayton had a pretty good day too. Here's a pic of him catching a wave.

And I didn't do a whole lot. Just napped. The weather was perfect.
There you have it, the latest update on our drama drama.

4 comments:

Lyndee said...

which swim suit is that, It's cute!

Lyndee said...

I'll have to send you my pic of the hospital we were in they had it wrapped like a present for their grand opening!

Crescent said...

Hailey!! I had no idea about your latest Pneumo!! I'm so sorry, but it sounds like you are on the mend now...what did they finally say was the problem? It looks like you are having fun at the beach...I'm jealous! And I'll never stop telling you that either!

Rachelle Carling said...

Hey Hai... I am sorry about another round at the hospital! What in the world, I hope your surgery really does work and you don't have to do another chest tube ever again.

I love your posts of the beach. I wish I were there and was able to go to catch some waves too! You look like the classic beach babe!