Tuesday, February 26, 2008

San Juan Capistrano


So this month AYUDA was in San Juan Capistrano (So. Orange County) and Hailey decided to come with me. AYUDA is an organization through USC where students go to different places across So. Cal. to do free dental work. Above Hailey is holding the light while I am attempting to diagnose this kid. And she holds the light so well doesn't she, "Could I get a little light please?"


After AYUDA we walked over to the mission. It was beautiful and the grounds were awesome, ie the flower above.



This is the courtyard surrounded by the dormatories and other rooms in the mission.




Apparently the indians lived in these huts in a different courtyard.








I really have no idea what this statue is. What is that priest doing to that poor indian?


The ruins in the background are where the church used to stand. It was destroyed in an earthquake that killed a bunch of people.

5 comments:

Lyndee said...

hey is that the same place we went for that one crazy wedding? Looks like fun and you can both wear scrubs together! :) Thanks for the input on the pics. I should have just left the couch with no blanket but that's ok, I can always shoot them again! :)

The Reagans said...

Hailey, I need your email address because I think I have the wrong one. Glad to hear from you!! Hopefully we get to see you soon!

Rachelle Carling said...

Hai, What a neat experience! I am so envious of how much you two are doing. It's so awesome! I will call you to tell you details about California in March... I can't wait to see ya both!

Hizzeather said...

Hi Clayton! It's been too long! Next time you come down to South County call me! I love in San Clemente, right next to San Juan.

Miss you! Hope all is well!

Alissa said...

Looks like you guys are having tons of fun. Live it up!! You're only young and in school once and it flies.