Friday, August 27, 2010

San Francisco etc.

So here is the second half of our trip and the first half will come soon. I had to split it into two posts and I'm also going to bed right now.

This is when we made it up to SanFrancisco and we went to see the redwood trees....
Muir Woods
I have the span of a vulture, glamorous eh?
Clayton is a bald eagle, way cooler
She has a mouth full of my hair. Delicious
Our new apartment, you like it?


Two trees in one, how cool is that?


Whoa honey, I don't think you're quite old enough.

Our little dinner. I wasn't having that great of a day so Clayton took me back to the hotel and we all slept for two hours and then went to a steak restaurant "to build up my iron" and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Clayton. I love you.
I think she enjoyed our bed as much as we did. However, she didn't get to sleep on it. Hahaha. This is her new thing, she puts her hands behind her head and chills. Then she kicks one foot up onto the other knee. She always seems to look so comfortable
A view of Alcatraz from the top of Lombard Street
Lombard Street. The crookedest street in San Francisco. ( I actually read that it is not the steepest or the crookedest, however it is the most famous) This is us at the top
And now the view from the bottom
Next we headed down to Fisherman's Wharf to start our journey on the bikes.
They made us put helmets on the babies. Odd but ok. It didn't last very long needless to say. She fell asleep and fell over and that was the end of that. But it was sure funny while it lasted.
Over the shoulder shot. Nice job Clayton. Me, Steph, Mike, and their kids in their trailer.
So we rode the bikes along the water from the wharf over to the bridge, up and over, and through the hills to sausalito where we got on the ferry, bikes and everything and headed back to where we started from the faster way. Then we just kept the bikes and used them the rest of the day. So fun! (And there are a million pictures because it was the highlight of our trip)
Skyline of San Francisco
Loved the picture on this sign



She just looked so peaceful and she slept almost the whole time

Yes, don't worry I know I look hot in these old people glasses.
Waiting for the boat
Ferry Boat! Back to Fisherman's Wharf
Sausalito
Alcatraz, well, the closest we ever got cuz I forgot to book our tour in advance, oh well. Next time. These girls in the background were from Venezuela and they were in love with Anna. They also were doing tons of weird poses trying to look sexy while we were waiting for the ferry boat. It was a crackup
What? Nice statue
Yessss!!! The Ghirardelli chocolate factory. Delicious
The Bay Bridge over into Oakland
A stunning view of the Marine layer on the way back to our hotel, however its always way cooler in person
Chillin in the hot tub after a long fun day
We stopped in Pebble Beach to do the 17 mile drive. Yes you pay a fee and it is officially called the 17 Mile Drive
This rock was covered with sea lions and seals and birds, there were so many, it was fun to watch but you can't really see them in the photog
We now know all about Cypress trees. We didn't even know what they looked like before, yes I know that's lame
The golf course. We felt like we were in the middle of our XBox PGA Tour with Tiger Woods

As we drove down the coast, traffic was getting bad out in the middle of nowhere, we finally realized it was from all the tourists stopping at this food stand. And no wonder Huh! I picked up some corn 9 for a dollar! And those grapefruits were the size of those small watermelons, what a great find, can they move next to my house please?

We stopped in San Louis Obispo to see the Mission but it had already closed for the day so we stopped to look at the outside instead. Loved that town btw. Way cute.

We finally made it home and then had a vacation from our vacation for the next week. What a good semester break. I love my little family

7 comments:

Lyndee said...

her smile is so cute in that first picture!! and now I am really jealous. I liked the stake idea- what a nice hubby you have :) and I really like your new tree house, is there room in there for us too? fun, fun, fun!!!

Megan and Mike said...

i know i say it every time but your daughter is beyond gorgeous... she needs to be in commecials... not kidding.

http://jonesdesigncompany.com/shop/
go to this website i thought you might appreciate the ruffle ribbon bows on this site. they look semi easy to make? glad you had fun on your trip. still waiting for our girls to play:)

The Hughes' said...

What a blast! I can't believe that's only the second part of the trip! Looks like so much fun!

The Hyde Life said...

It was so good to see you guys at Granny's! Loved looking at the pics from your trip! I am going to live vicariously through your adventures since Micah is in school and we are stuck in St. George all week long! HA HA! Anna is darling!

Brik and Ashley Nielsen said...

So fun Hailey! I wish we could have joined you! We need to take another Clark/Nielsen adventure trip! :)

Aubrey said...

I'm soooo jealous. Carlin and I did our honeymoon in San Francisco and looking at your pictures makes me want to go back. We also rode bikes down the Embarcadero and over the Golden Gate Bridge, so much fun.

The walker family said...

Looks like such a super trip. You have the cutest baby ever!