Sunday, August 26, 2012

Salamanca



This is our super sweet hotel that looked out over the street.


We were walking down the street on the sidewalk and all of a sudden I was drenched in water.  Since I was already hyperemotional (pregnancy) and we had been in what you might call a squabble that morning, my reaction was immediate bursting into tears.  Pathetic I know.  A man and a woman from opposite sides of the street came running over to help me.  Clayton was trying to find out which apartment it came from so he could yell at the punk kids.  Meanwhile those two nice Spaniards were saying all sorts of things to me in Spanish.  I just looked at them and through my tears said, "I don't even speak Spanish."  It was quite the event.  But of course it's funny now.

We walked to a grocery store and got these drinkable yogurts, some other snacks, and tissues for our crazy allergies.  Then we walked over the river.  It was really pretty but the water was some sort of a nasty color.  Not quite sure what was in there.  Thus the face.






That evening we dressed up and went on a dinner date.  I asked for water and they brought me this fancy glass bottle of water.  Clayton was kind enough to pour it for me.

German market.  Shout out to my Dad.

"No se come sin pan"



Back to our hotel again.  We walked everywhere.  It was so much fun.  What a great night.

No comments: